I've led quite a life and traveled many places. The latest stop seems to be with two humans who adore me. I wonder if I get to stay here or where I'll get shipped next. In any case, they adore me and you will, too. Bow to me!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Let it Snow


It's been ages since I last blogged, I know but I've been pretty lazy. Not much to report. Just been hanging around the house. Now that it's cold, I don't get to go on walks anymore. They just let me out into the fenced-in side yard and I wander around there, do my business, then go back in the house. But when Mommy's on call and Daddy has to sleep in the guest room, she lets me sleep in the bed with her since it supposedly comforts her. But it's such a tease. Now, every night, I jump in bed while they're getting ready to go to sleep and I lie real still amongst the sheets. I figure if I'm still enough, they won't notice me and they'll just go to sleep. So far, no such luck. And when they tell me to get down and go to sleep on my pillow, I don't budge. I just look at them and challenge them to move me. Of course, they eventually give up and try to pick me up off of the bed. So what I do is I crouch down and curl up even more and make dead weight so it's really hard for them to pick me up. Unfortunately, that doesn't work and I get thrown down onto the pillow anyway. At least I don't sleep in my crate at night anymore. I'm only in it during the day.

Today we had our first big snow. It's still snowing and so far, we've gotten about 4 or 5 inches, with about 2-3 more to go. And they aren't pretty, fat, lazy flakes drifting down slowly. This snow means business. It's not going to stop until the entire city is white. When I went outside, the snow was so high, my legs sank into the ground and the snow came up to my belly. I looked like some legless dog floating on top of a snow drift. But it was fun. Maybe Mommy and Daddy will take me out into the snow this weekend and play.

This weekend, we are going to have a Christmas party which means I get to meet a lot of new people. More fans to fall in love with me. I can't wait to be pet all night. Party on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home