I've led quite a life and traveled many places. The latest stop seems to be with two humans who adore me. I wonder if I get to stay here or where I'll get shipped next. In any case, they adore me and you will, too. Bow to me!

Monday, October 17, 2005

And so on, and so on, and so on...


Like I said two posts ago, my nose can sometimes get me into trouble. I can't help it, though. I'm just an innocent victim of an amazing sense of smell and if I catch a whiff of something interesting, I have to follow it. And so one day it happened. I was able to get away on the trail of a new scent and before I knew it, I was away from home and never going back. No big deal. It wasn't like I was living in the lap of luxury anyway. Don't get me wrong, I was fed and sheltered but there's a big difference between being given the necessities to survive and being loved and cherished.

So I was free. What to do next? Although it was exciting to be on my own, it was also pretty scary. I was all alone and had to fend for myself. My first thought was, who's gonna feed me? Being out in the woods, I knew I wasn't going to run into a pile of dog food under a tree. I tried for a while to find a peanut butter bush but I guess they don't exist.

After a few days of trying to stay warm, dry and safe, I was getting tired and frightened. On the other hand, it was kinda fun to be able to follow my nose wherever it led me. I chased a lot of rabbits and traveled along quite a few scent trails. But sleeping in the woods or people's back yards isn't as comfortable as it sounds. I started to wander, not really paying attention to where I was going. And then that's when it happened. I heard it coming up behind me and ignored it at first but then it got closer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home