I've led quite a life and traveled many places. The latest stop seems to be with two humans who adore me. I wonder if I get to stay here or where I'll get shipped next. In any case, they adore me and you will, too. Bow to me!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Birthday Bark



Sunday was my birthday. I couldn't blog until today because I was recovering from a severe hangover and post-party syndrome. I'm still waking up disoriented and drooling. Man! Anyhoo, Sunday my friend Zoe and her mommy came over to share in the celebration. I was glad to see that I was not the only one who didn't like to walk in the grass. The two of us basically spent the whole time walking around the porch and occasionally on the sidewalk while avoiding the grass. If we did venture into the grass, we would gingerly pick up our paws and tiptoe through it. Even though Daddy cut it later that day and it was sunny, I still peed right at the edge of the sidewalk. Despite the grass, I had a great birthday. The humans got me a yummy bone-shaped peanut butter cake and even got Zoe her own pupcake. So what if I was eating it so fast, I'd choke on it, spit it back up, and chew it again? When you come from the pound and foster homes like I did, you either wolfed down what scraps you got or someone else would take it from you and eat it. I guess that's why I always eat so fast, even though I'm the only animal at home nowadays. I know they saved some of the cake so I hope I get more later. Zoe got me a new toy since I've eviscerated my warthog. It's a new furry hedgehog! This one doesn't squeak like the warthog, it grunts. I love it! My grandma got me a gift certificate to Three Dog Bakery so you know what that means: more peanut butter treats! That is, if the humans let me have some. I'm still on that diet.

It's been raining all day today and I just hate that. That means I don't go out much because I hate getting wet. Today, Mommy went out with me and followed me around holding an umbrella above me so I wouldn't get wet. I'm kind of used to that, being a pasha and all, but it still was a nice surprise.

Well, I'm really tired. I think I need to take a nap. After that, I'll think about burning off all that birthday cake. Yeah right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home