I've led quite a life and traveled many places. The latest stop seems to be with two humans who adore me. I wonder if I get to stay here or where I'll get shipped next. In any case, they adore me and you will, too. Bow to me!

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Just Knockin' Around


Can you find the dog in this picture? This was before the grass was cut this week. It had just been cut barely a week before, but with all the rain it grew like crazy. But at least the weather's nicer and I can go out and lay in the sun. I love lying in the sun! My shiny black fur soaks it up and I get all warm and cozy. Sometimes, the yard is covered in shade but I find the one sunny spot and curl up within it and doze. What a life!

This week, the male human brought me some treats home from Three Dog Bakery. Man, I love that place! They whole store is devoted to making treats for me (as it should be, I'm a pasha) and sometimes I like to make a personal appearance to keep morale up. They have lots of yummy peanut butter treats like bagels and cookies but the humans don't buy me many because apparently I'm a little chubby. Personally, I think it's ludicrous. A little weight is a sign of success, no? When I first came home with the humans, I was 30 lbs and was promptly put on a diet. I'm supposed to get down to 22 lbs but how can I, when my main calling in life is to eat? The humans have me on diet food (tastes good, though) and no "people" food allowed. I've got them trained, though. Everytime they go someplace, they give me a little treat to "distract" me so I don't run out the door. Fools! If only they knew I was playing them for the free food! But even the treats are becoming less frequent because I'm still 25lbs. If I had my way, I'd be eating 24 hours a day. Who needs sleep when you've got snacks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home