I've led quite a life and traveled many places. The latest stop seems to be with two humans who adore me. I wonder if I get to stay here or where I'll get shipped next. In any case, they adore me and you will, too. Bow to me!

Saturday, October 01, 2005

From the Top


Yes, I'm still here. I know it's been a while since we talked but I just wasn't in the mood to blog, I guess. I have a lot of memories and I really don't know how to get them all out. I wasn't born into a big, happy family where I would spend the rest of my days, playing and running and eating and cuddling with my owners. I was born and then shuffled around from place to place and put to work and maybe even hurt but I can't remember much of that. I remember that I had an owner that used me as a hunting dog. My job was to stiff out the rabbits and I was good at it. I'm part beagle and that means I have a great nose. That nose was able to root out all kinds of hidden rabbits. But at the end of the day, I had no one to share my accomplishments with. I was just a hunting dog, merely a means to an end and so I didn't get to live in the house with the humans and be pet and cuddled and adored. I was out with the other animals and basically ignored but fed so I could keep doing my job. I lost the tip of my tail early on, so if you were wondering how I got my name, that's how. I don't want to go into details about it, but let's just say that I got off easy.

But you see, that nose of mine can also get me into trouble. Like I said, I just gotta sniff and investigates things and one day that led me toward the next stage of my life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home