I've led quite a life and traveled many places. The latest stop seems to be with two humans who adore me. I wonder if I get to stay here or where I'll get shipped next. In any case, they adore me and you will, too. Bow to me!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My So-Called Life


I really liked my host mom. She was kind and generous, taking care to give each animal attention, even when there were so many. I spent some time in that house with many other dogs and cats and learned to get along with anything. That probably explains why I like to lay on the couch, licking my paws for hours and sometimes even wiping my face with them, like a cat taking its bath. I also like to lie across people's laps while they stroke me and have been working on my purr, although it currently sounds more like grunting. Not quite as elegant. Sometime, I like to lay back against Mommy or Daddy's lap, and bat at them with my paws playfully. I guess you could call that cat-like, but that's just the way I am.

Like I was saying, I had a pretty good life with my foster mom, even if I had to share her attention but it was hard for her, as she was always trying to help as many animals as possible. For a few months, I was sent to a different foster house where I got to eat a lot of human food. Yum! I really cultivated my love of peanut butter. But I got a little pudgy. When they sent me back to my other foster mom's house, she put me on some diet food and the treats were few and far between. But hey, it wasn't my fault! I'm just a dog and that's what we do, we eat and poop. And if I have the chance, I'm gonna eat as much as I can. Especially when I have to share a house with lots of other animals. Sometimes, even now, when I get a treat, I hurry and eat it as fast as I can, not savoring it at all, because I'm afraid somebody else will take it away from me and eat it themselves. I like to take them under the dining room table where no one can get to me and gobble it down while I can. I know you think I'm pathetic, but I can't help it. I just can't seem to get rid of that part of me. Sometimes it makes me feel ashamed but not enough to stop. Given the chance, I'll eat till I burst.

So now I'm back at my foster mom's and she takes us on trips every month to pet shops to see if anyone wants us. People will walk by, sometimes even say a kind word or pet us, but no one was ever really interested. What really impressed them were the cute little puppies on the other side of the store. No one wants a slightly pudgy approximately-3-year-old dog. Each month, we'd go, and then at the end of the day, we'd all get piled back into the van for the ride back to the house. This went on for some time but then one day the most incredible thing happened...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home