I've led quite a life and traveled many places. The latest stop seems to be with two humans who adore me. I wonder if I get to stay here or where I'll get shipped next. In any case, they adore me and you will, too. Bow to me!

Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Fool Returns to His Folly


Now, I know you all are going to be upset when you hear what I did, but you need to remember that I'm a dog and that said, I'm going to act like one. As Chris Rock once said, no one should have been shocked to hear what happened to Roy and the white tiger in Las Vegas. The tiger didn't go crazy, he went tiger.

S'anyway, as I said in my last post, we had a party last weekend and it was a lot of fun. I was the life of the shindig, everybody loved me, blah blah blah. Since we had the party, Mommy and Daddy had little snacks around the house. They took care not to put any on the coffee table where I could reach them. Up on the dining room table, there was a bowl of Reeses peanut butter bells and a bowl of peanut M and M's. Unfortunately, being the short fellow that I am, I couldn't get to them. Not that I couldn't smell them every damn day walking by that damn table like a cajillion times. But I digress. Yesterday, Mommy left to go to her bellydance Christmas party and Daddy went to do some last-minute shopping. Daddy was using the laptop at the dining room table and after he logged off he left the chair out a little bit. What can I say? An opportunity presented itself and as a lover of anything edible, I had to take it. I used the chair to get up onto the table and helped myself to half a bowl of M and M's. They weren't as good as they smelled so I mostly licked the outsides, got them really sticky, and left them scattered across the fabric placemats and smooth wood table. Next, the Reeses bells. Now, you all know about my passion for peanut butter so I wasn't about to mess up this grand opportunity by only eating a couple. Therefore, I ate the whole bowl, foil wrappers and all. All that was left was one wrapped bell, at the top of the stairs. I was able to get a few of the wrappers off but mostly I had to just eat the whole thing. I probably had about 15-20 bells. Well, once Daddy got home, I don't think he was too pleased about the whole thing. I didn't feel too well and had to poop on the floor next to the door to my side yard. After he cleaned that up, I snuck upstairs so I could feel nauseous in peace. This little foray led to me puking on the carpet in the bedroom. A pile of half-digested chocolate and foil. Daddy wasn't too happy about cleaning that up, either. I was finally able to settle down and lie down in once place without getting up to pace around the house. Mommy came home and we went upstairs to go to bed. As soon as I got to bed and we turned the lights out, I felt another wave of uneasiness overcome me. I went to the same carpeted area in front of the master bath and puked again. I don't know why, but that really made Daddy mad. But since then, I haven't puked at all and I've eaten my usual breakfast without any problems. I hope I'm going to be ok. Mommy and Daddy seem to be worried that I ate so much chocolate, but I don't see what the big deal is. I wish they would leave snacks out more often. I can't wait 'til next Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home