I've led quite a life and traveled many places. The latest stop seems to be with two humans who adore me. I wonder if I get to stay here or where I'll get shipped next. In any case, they adore me and you will, too. Bow to me!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mean People Suck!


I think that people who don't like animals are so sad. It really says something about someone when you find out they hate animals, like they're not a real human being. I was on one my walks Tuesday and we decided to walk on the opposite side of the street from our house since it was still sunny. I had spent some time in the side yard doin' my business but Mommy and Daddy thought it would be nice to actually let me get some exercise for once and go around the block. Well, I guess that was a mistake. We were in front of the house right across the street from us and being the beagle that I am, I decided to sniff the bushes at the edge of the yard and pee on one. Next thing you know, we hear some crazy lady shrieking at us from across the street to get out of her yard. Apparently, she was sitting outside with our other neighbors, whose house we never walk in front of because the lady there said she had a gun and would shoot dogs that come in her yard. Guess they were bonding over their hatred of animals and basically being miserable together. Anyhoo, the crazy lady shouts at us and then Daddy says something back to her. I was proud that he was defending me. I didn't know it would be such an offense to pee on this stupid bush. It's not like my pee changes the color of the leaves or anything. He said that I wasn't doing anything and that she was being very rude and that she should have asked more nicely. She then basically shouts the same line back about me getting out of her yard (which I wasn't even really in, since I was at the edge where the little bushes were) and then said something disparaging about dogs as a whole. At which point Daddy said she shouldn't take her feelings about other dogs out on us. Now I understand how some people get frustrated with dogs who think they're king of the block and poop wherever they want without cleaning it up. But I never leave anything behind. My parents always clean it up immediately. So I guess this bitter woman who hates animals decided that I was like all other dogs (a little prejudiced, don't you think?) and should be stopped. It hurts to be hated. How could someone who doesn't know me hate me so much? How could a human being be that way? I think that points to a lack of a soul. And I also think that now I see why a middle-aged woman like herself is still single! What a sad, pathetic person. Maybe one day she can find the love that I was lucky enough to get with my Mommy and Daddy. But it may be too late for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home