I've led quite a life and traveled many places. The latest stop seems to be with two humans who adore me. I wonder if I get to stay here or where I'll get shipped next. In any case, they adore me and you will, too. Bow to me!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I will not be denied


Any of you who know me know by now that I am first, a beagle. The cute and irresistible companion aspect of me is second. I'm a dog, people. Why do you think that I'm not going to act like one? Mommy and Daddy took me for a walk yesterday. As I've said before, I love going on the walks where I can be out sniffing new and interesting things. And I'm always on the lookout for stray food. Sometimes a construction worker or just a messy person will toss a little scrap on the street. What's useless trash to them, is a tasty treasure to me! And thanks to my nose, I often find things before Mommy and Daddy can stop me. Which is what happened yesterday. We were walking along, all content to be in the evening sun (yea daylight savings time!) when, to my pleasant surprise, I spotted a chicken bone. Did I care that it was crawling with ants? No! It smelled like meat and I wanted it. I snatched it up and started to run, even though I was on the leash, cuz I figured I could chew on it while they were trying to chase me down. There was no way I was going to let that go. They yelled at me and I still wouldn't let go. Daddy pried my mouth open and Mommy gingerly went fishing after the slimy ant-encrusted bone and I still wouldn't let go. Eventually, between the two of them, they were able to get it out but I snatched a little piece of it back when it fell on the ground. They didn't like that. They were talking to me in their mean voices which probably wasn't good and then they were talking to me in their conversational "voice of reason," like I could understand what the heck they were saying. It's like the cartoon where all I hear is blah blah blah Stubby blah blah blah. When will they ever learn? If they don't want me eating stray food off the street, then they'd better stay on their toes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home